Monday, January 14, 2008

WIP Monday

Yes, I know Wednesdays are supposed to be for WIP progress reports. But since I haven't finished anything since Saturday's post about the chemo hats, and since I crocheted a lot yesterday on several projects, I figured I would post WIP progress today. Who knows, maybe by Wednesday I'll have an FO!

First off, I know I crocheted a lot yesterday because I used up 233.5 yards, bringing my Knit a Mile total to 825 yards. That is almost halfway to the mile! At this rate, I should hit a mile in another week and a half, give or take. If I could actually keep this up, I might manage 3 miles by Feb. 19th. Now that might make a small dent in the stash!

I am still working on WIPs, too. Thanks to a conversation about crocheting scarves over at the Stash Knitdown on Ravelry, I pulled out a scarf I had started last summer. I don't think I ever posted a picture of it, so here it is, halfway done:
I am using 2 skeins of Koigu KPPPM and the Fan Lace stitch. I finished 1 skein yesterday morning and am ready to attach the second. Since this is fingering weight yarn, crocheted using an E hook, it is a little hard on the hands. But if I do a little at at time, I will get it done. And since Koigu is 100% merino, if I get this finished I can send it along with my crochet guild to display at the CT Sheep and Wool Festival at the end of April.

I also made most of another chemo hat during the guild meeting yesterday afternoon. And I am working on squares 18 & 19 of the watermelon afghan. Once I get those done, I just have another 5 to make. While I love this afghan, I will be glad to finish up the squares and move on to another project.

After 1 week, I have to say that the Knit a Mile challenge has been very instructive. I have learned this week that if I push myself to do even a little bit on my projects each day, the yardage adds up and the projects get done. This shouldn't be news to me. After all, I already learned this lesson when I wrote my dissertation. But I don't always transfer knowledge from one part of my life to another, so here I am learning it again. But I now know that the time spent tracking all this yardage is worth it. And I can't wait to see what else I can accomplish!

No comments: