Thursday, January 17, 2008

You'll Have to Excuse Me...

...if I'm feeling a little big for my britches this morning. I had a terrific day yesterday. Not only did I pass the 1,000 yard mark on the Knit a Mile challenge (1,020 yards as of noon yesterday), but I did it by finishing yet another UFO on my list! And now Blogger is being difficult and won't let me upload a picture, but you can see a picture here.

This is a baby blanket that I started in April 2005. I used TLC Baby Sparkles, a sport weight yarn (which is one reason it took so long to finish), the V-stitch and a G hook. I am hoping to get another baby afghan finished tonight (another one that just needs an edging), and then I am planning to donate both to Afghans for Angels in honor of one of the members over at Homespun Helpers.

And I have to close by saying that I find it just amazing that I have burned through 1,000 yards of yarn so far, but I have only finished 1 skein of yarn! How has that happened?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm slowly working to down grade my stash, reading knitting books and Raverly like there is no tomorrow!