Tuesday, January 22, 2008

4 Fos in 4 Days!

Yes, I finished another project yesterday, which means that I actually finished 4 items in 4 days this weekend. I wasn't sure I could do it. I did have real world stuff to do yesterday, like house cleaning and bill paying, that I had put off while I didn't feel well over the weekend. But when I did have a few minutes, I kept picking this scarf back up. I just seemed to get into a rhythm with the stitch pattern, and by the end of the evening, it was finished.
I started this scarf years ago, and I don't know how many times I contemplated frogging it. This was one of the scarves I didn't frog last Friday, which is when I committed to finishing it. I was just so unsure that it would turn out ok. Usually, the projects that I worry about the most are the ones that turn out the best, and this one is no exception. It has the most drape of any crocheted scarf I have ever made. I used the Shell Trellis stitch from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet, Cascade Yarns Success (an alpaca/silk blend that I think has been discontinued), and an E hook. I think I will send it along with my crochet guild to display at the CT Sheep and Wool Festival in April.

Total yardage used since 1/5/08 - 1,895.5.

No comments: