Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ups and Downs of Yesterday

First let me thank Cole and Amy for their well wishes yesterday. Those wishes must have worked, because I do feel better today. I'm still a little tired, but not nearly as crummy feeling as yesterday. And I did accomplish a few things yesterday, while I sat around and treated my symptoms.

I ended up frogging 3 of the 4 scarves. I was going to frog one of the scarves because I thought it had gotten wider as I had worked on it. But then I measured it carefully, and it is the same width top and bottom. Even though it is crocheted, it is flairing at the top and bottom, which threw me off. So I will finish that one. Then I found a 5th scarf in with one of the scarves slated for frogging. I decided I like that one, too, and since the yarn is designated for a scarf, I might as well keep working on it. So that leaves me with 5 scarves on my WIP list, 2 knitted and 3 crocheted. 2 will become traveling projects, 2 I will try to finish this month, and 1 is going to hibernate for a while longer.

Then I rewrote my WIP/UFO list. I may have been a bit more, shall we say, honest this time around. So there are still 27 items on it. But I organized it by type of project, so it feels managable.

Then I pulled out a child sized sweater to work on. It's crocheted in one piece, and I had almost finished the sleeves when I realized that they were about 3 times bigger than they should have been. That was months ago. So I took the time yesterday to frog 300+ yards and then set up the sleeves correctly. It is once again a nice, mindless crochet project that I should be able to finish quickly. It's a good thing I did this, too, because when I went back to making squares on my watermelon afghan last night, I ran out of green yarn. So that nice, mindless crochet project is on hold until I can get the yarn to finish it. And I only have 4 more squares to go! So frustrating. But it does bode well for finishing the sweater.

2 weeks into the Knit a Mile challenge, and I have used 1,369 yards of yarn. I only have 391 yards to go to hit a mile. I'm going to try to do that today, but if not, definitely by the end of the weekend. Very exciting!

2 comments:

NatRed2 said...

Wow. You have almost made your mile too!!! Hoo Rah! I am starting to think the challenge was a little too easy for us.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I am so happy for you --- you are almost at your mile. Maybe you can get in another one ? :) Have a great day.