Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January Goals Update

I'm not sure if I posted my monthly goals over here, but I had put them on my Ravelry profile page. Since we are halfway through January already, I thought it might be a good idea to review them and see how I am doing. (This is also a good way to distract you all from the lack of FOs again this week.) As you might guess, since I am willing to talk about this publicly, I am doing quite well this month!

So here are my January goals:

1. Knit/crochet 1,000 yards of yarn to go toward the Knit a Mile challenge.
2. Finish at least 3 WIPs - still haven’t finally decided which ones.
3. Knit a pair of socks for the monthly sock KAL I joined.
4. No yarn purchases for the foreseeable future.

And here is my progress, along with revised goals:

1. As of this morning, I have knitted and crocheted 955 yards of yarn. I had hoped to hit 1,000 yards last night, but it was not to be. But still, I think I am doing very well! So my revised goal is to use up another 1,000 yards, bringing my total for the month to 2,000 yards.

2. Well, since the end of December, I have finished 3 UFOs, so I have met that goal as well. The revised goal is to finish 3 more UFOs that are actually posted on my Ravelry project page. Since I plan to finish 2 baby afghans this weekend, this should not be a problem.

3. This one is not going so well. I have not yet found the time to start a new pair of socks, and I haven't really settled on a ribbed sock pattern either. So, since the KAL is pretty easy going about these things, I have decided to finish at least 1 sock of the 2 sock WIPs I already have going. Considering that I am almost to the toe on one sock and almost to the heel on the other (a toe up sock), this is very doable. And then next month, I will start a pair of Jaywalkers for the KAL.

4. Well, it looks like I am going to get the skeins of Jaeger Baby Merino I was after, so I have bought some yarn this month. But since the yarn is for a specific project and will get used right away, I can't feel too bad about it. So far, so good on this goal. No revision here, just a renewed commitment to not buy yarn.

So, all in all, I am a happy camper. I have a 3-day weekend coming up this weekend, and not much planned for it. I intend to accomplish great things this weekend and keep winnowing down those UFOs. I'll let you know what I get done!

1 comment:

Yarn or Death said...

Hey, you're making progress! I haven't even managed to stop buying yarn yet. (Darn WEBS... but I can never pass up a sale...)