Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to Reality Today!

I don't know about all of you, but I for one am glad the holidays are over. It was great fun, but by the time we got home last night, I was "partyed" out! I love my family, but 3 family visits in one week, with essentially all the same people, is a little wearing. By yesterday, there just wasn't anything new left to talk about. But it's back to reality today with a vengence.

Before I go there, though, let me catch up on the past few days. I got to Webs and Creative Fibers on Friday. There were a few purchases, but unfortunately I don't have any pictures. I haven't had time to take any, and the yarn is all upstairs this morning with my sick hubby, so I can't take pictures this morning without disturbing him. But let me just say that Webs was all about sale items and sock yarn. Did you know that Regia has a new line of sock yarn with designer colors, designed by Kaffe Fassett? It's yummy and will probably become Jaywalkers next month. At Creative Fibers, I didn't find any sale items to buy, but I did discover their lace section. What can I say, I am weak! I came home with 2 skeins of Malabrigo Lace in a colorway called Emerald Blue, a skein of Fiddlesticks Knitting Laceweight in Sable, and a tiny (250 yards) skein of Jamieson & Smith cobweb yarn. I've been wanting some cobweb yarn, and that should be enough for a scarf, so it seemed worth it and affordable. So it was a really fun day, and my Mom enjoyed herself too.

The weekend consisted of housework and entertaining, but I did find time to properly finish my stash inventory. I added everything I bought on Friday, and I counted the baby yarn that I had skipped last week. The final totals: 844 skeins of yarn, translating to 105 miles of yarn. So I did make it past that 100 mile mark! Now that I have, I'm actually kind of proud. After all, I do have quite an impressive stash! And I'm really going to enjoy knitting and crocheting from it this year. I'm also working on my list of WIPs. Hopefully, I will have some FOs shortly.

And I promise, WIP Wednesdays will start next week. Right now, I am kind of in limbo, waiting for Saturday and the Knit a Mile challenge to start. I am going to try to finish up at least 1 or 2 things before that starts, and then once the challenge gets going, I implement my "focus projects" approach. I've tried to pick things with lots of yardage to use up, and I'm feeling pretty good about my chances of meeting this challenge.

No comments: