Sunday, January 06, 2008

It Ain't Easy...

...finishing long standing UFOs. It is extremely time consuming. (Note to self - try to remember this fact the next time you are tempted to start 32 projects at the same time.) However, I am persevering, and I have actually finished 3 items on my list of 32. I also frogged a sweater that was going to be too big, so that makes 4 items off the list. I think I will put all 3 FOs away to donate to the crochet guild for some future sale. Now, without further ado, here are the 3 FOs:

1. A set of 6 coasters. I had made 5 of the 6 one snow day a few years ago, and all I needed was 1 more coaster and then ends woven in. So the Thursday after Christmas, I sat down and finished the set. I used Lily Sugar & Cream for this project and a pattern that I found in an older magazine called "Crochet Home".

2. A crocheted baby sweater. I'm guessing I started this in 2004 or 2005. This was my project this past Friday afternoon. I used Lion Brand Baby Soft for this sweater and a pattern from a Leisure Arts booklet called "Crocheted Layettes for Baby".

3. A knitted baby sweater. I'm pretty sure I started this when we still lived in the apartment. We bought our house almost 9 years ago, so that makes this one of my oldest FOs. It took all day today, but I finished this one a little while ago. I used Lion Brand Baby Soft for this sweater also, and a pattern in the Good Housekeeping needlework book.

Yesterday was also the start of the Knit a Mile challenge. Thanks to a wonderful spreadsheet from Eva in Luxembourg, I am now able to track my yardage on a daily basis by weighing my yarn. (The spreadsheet converts from grams to yardage.) So I can report that I used 85 yards yesterday, which is 5% of the total needed. I am concentrating on the watermelon afghan and chemo hats for now, and that should get me a long way towards the goal. It feels wonderful to finally be started on the challenge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I picked up one of my UFO this weekend and was almost able to get it complete. A pair of "house" mittens from Charmed knits. I was afriad they would not come out the same size but they have :)

Good luck on knitting your mile.