Saturday, June 09, 2007

Watermelon Squares

I'm back from my crazy week! We had a lovely birthday celebration last night for my mom. We went to a surf and turf buffet and then back to the house for dessert. It took all day to get ready for it, but I think she enjoyed it! And I managed the buffet very well and didn't go too far off my diet. Which reminds me, I got very good news yesterday morning at my weigh in. I lost 2 lbs last week, bringing my total to 25 lbs lost! Of course, the challenges aren't over for the week, yet. Tonight we are attending our local Greek Festival, and there's nothing low calorie about that food! And Tuesday night is our 14th anniversary, so we are going out to dinner again. I have a feeling I won't be getting such good news next Friday, but we'll see. It's ok, though. It's all part of the journey.

As far as crafting goes, I had an idea for a new afghan square and I started working on it Wednesday morning at Borders. I now have 2 squares finished, and I am pleased as punch at how they are turning out. Obviously, this afghan is going to be called "The Watermelon Afghan":

I think the idea started with the pink yarn, aptly named "watermelon". I put it together with the green and white, and then decided to use the "Babette" square from last summer's IK Crochet magazine. All 3 colors are Caron Simply Soft Brites colors, and I am using an H hook. I only have 2 skeins of each color, so I am going to make as many pink squares as I can get out of one skein and then purchase enough to finish the afghan. The squares are 10", so 24 should get me an afghan 40"x60".

Hopefully next week will be closer to normal, and I will be able to post a little more frequently! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Those squares will make a lovely afghan. I love the Simply Soft Brites, but I haven't used any of the colors yet.