Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hanging In!

This week really has gotten a little crazy! Normally, I get my mom's groceries on Tuesday night, but this week I needed to get them on Monday, so I got home late on Monday. Since my dh had a meeting last night (which is why he needed me home on time, so we could eat dinner together), I decided to go down to the mall and buy a birthday present for my mom. (I know, I should have made her something, but I just couldn't get my head around what to make. She lives in a small apartment in senior housing, so she doesn't have a lot of room. So I settled on a couple of nightgowns for her.) And now I work tonight until 8:00. So I am going to be very happy to stay home tomorrow night. Mom's birthday is Friday, so I am taking the day off to clean up the house, and then my dh and his parents and I are taking my mom out to dinner Friday night.

In the meantime, a family of squirrels have moved in under our roof, so I have to meet the pest control guy at noon today, right before I go to work. And over the past weekend, we finally decided to do something about shades for the skylights in our sunroom. So I have the guy coming to measure for those on Friday. Throw in "Coffee, Chat and Crochet" with my guild at Borders this morning, and I really don't have a lot of breathing room left this week!

This is all an explanation of why this is so far the only thing I have to show for myself this week - another square for Greensburg:

I tried using 2 different needle sizes, which really didn't make any difference. It is the same size as the first square I made. However, it still isn't truly square. I will send it off anyway, but I think I am going to give up knitting on the bias.

Well, I'm off to post this picture on Summer of Squares. We are up to 5 members over there, but remember - it's not too late to join! And think of the stash busting possibilities afghan squares offer!

1 comment:

Criquette said...

My squares are doing the same thing, but at least they are wool so I can block them. Sounds like you have a crazy week - don't forget to breathe!