Monday, June 11, 2007

Perfect Summer Weekend

Yes, despite the weather (rather cloudy and dreary), this weekend turned into a nearly perfect summer weekend. I spent Saturday doing laundry and crocheting, and then we went to the Greek Festival for dinner. I was very good and did not overeat, but I did enjoy myself. We stayed and watched some of the dancing, but we still got home fairly early. Yesterday I spent the afternoon at crochet guild, and then after dinner we went to see "Ocean's 13". What a fun movie! I said to my dh afterwards, though, that you just have to go with the flow of the movie and not think too much about if the story makes sense. It all comes together in the end, and really, the point of the movie is the eye candy, not the story, anyway! So I had great fun this weekend.

I actually didn't have that much time for crafting, and most of the time I had I made pink squares:

I now have 9 pink squares made and the skein isn't finished yet! I think I will get 10 or possibly 11 out of the skein. 12 would have been nice, since then I wouldn't have needed to buy any more yarn, but I think I will need to buy one more skein of pink.

Whil I was at guild yesterday, I started another preemie blanket, also based on the "Babette" square:

It is nice - much more closed than a traditional granny square. I went up to an I hook to soften the stitches a little, and I have about 7.5" done so far.

And, finally, we made carnations at guild yesterday:

This is my first attempt, and it didn't quite come out like I wanted. But it is a quick project, so I will try again. I think it would make a really cute addition to a hat, maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed oceans 13. G wants to go see it too but I haven't seen either of the previous ones. To that note G gave me the "homework" of watching them this week so we could go see 13 this coming up weekend. :).

Linda said...

It sounds as if you had a great weekend. I haven't seen any of the Ocean's films, so I may have to give them a try.
I think your carnation turned out very nice. It's been a long time since I tried crocheting flowers.