Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Share a Square

This is turning into quite a week at work. We have had 4 employees out sick, out of a staff of 20. Every day has been a scramble to rewrite the schedule to keep all the desks covered. I haven't heard from anyone today, so I am guessing that the 2 part timers who were out with colds are well and going to work this morning. However, that still leaves us down 2 full timers who are both extremely ill. One of them was admitted to the hospital yesterday, but we still don't know what's wrong with her. So please send some wellness vibes towards southwestern CT. We really don't need anyone else getting sick!

Apparently this Weight Watchers stuff is really working, though, because instead of eating out of stress, I have actually been walking on the treadmill! I have walked 3 times so far this week, and I really do feel better for it. (However, I am walking in the morning, so if I miss blogging a day here or there, it's because I am walking during my blogging time.) And of course I have my knitting and crocheting to take my mind of stress, as well. I made another afghan square last night that isn't quite ready for prime time. I'll post a picture once I get a few more made.

In the meantime, as of this morning, I have discovered another charity project looking for squares! (I really should visit the Granny Along site more often, instead of just reading my Google Reader - I would have found it sooner.) It's called "Share a Square", and the woman running it is looking for 6" traditional granny squares to be made into afghans for children attending a cancer camp. It just so happens that I already have 11 such squares made, so I will be sending them off to her as soon as I get a gift tag for each square. Then I'll start in on making more granny squares!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I definitely know how you feel. Our little maintenance shop staff which is six including me goes into quite disarray when one of us is out. I hope your co-workers get well soon!

This is another time I wish I could comprehend crochet-ing. I sat down the other night to try to do a granny square my aunt had taught me (that was the only thing that sunk in after many lessons) and just fluster myself to pick up my knitting needles.

Grats on walking on the treadmill. I have graduated from only walking to walking some days and doing situps the next.

Have a great day! sorry for such a long comment.