Monday, June 25, 2007

No Fun Sunday!

So yesterday was not very much fun. I spent the day miserable with one of the worst allergy attacks I've had in a while. I finally took a decongestant, which I almost never do for allergies (preferring to just take Claritin every morning), and I ended up sleeping from 5:30-6:30 P.M. Luckily, my dh is the cook in the family, so I got up to find the table set and the chicken on the grill. Yes, I am fairly spoiled! I couldn't figure out what was setting me off until I talked to my mom last night. She said she had heard that the mold spores were really high for some reason, and that's probably what did it. I am highly allergic to mold, but it's usually a problem in the fall when the leaves come down and it's rainy. I do feel better this morning, and I know I will feel better at work where the air is more filtered.

The other thing that made yesterday no fun was our decision to install the new shades in the sun room. We had purchased 2 shades for the skylights and another 2 for the french doors, which you can see in the fuzzy picture. The door shades came with no instructions or picture whatsoever, and the skylight shades came with poorly written instructions. So it took much longer than it should have to figure everything out. My dh did most of the work, but I was his able-bodied assistant, and it truly took both our brains to sort out what we were doing. We finally finished around 2:30 P.M., and then I got to start all my housework for the day (while feeling lousy). I was not a happy camper for a while there, I can tell you! But we got everything done that we needed to, so I can't really complain.

All of this work really cut into my crocheting time, I can tell you! However, I did manage to make some more squares for Greensburg. Here are the most recent 9 that I have made:
I just need to tie in ends. I might make one more, and that will give me 15 to send in. I think that will be it for Greensburg. I am getting anxious to move on to some other projects, and I still have to get ready for New Hampshire. And suddenly it is the last week of June, so I should probably set some July goals as well! I'll give that some thought and try to put those goals in a post later this week.

No comments: