Thursday, June 14, 2007

Only a month to go...

...until the Knit and Crochet Show in Manchester, NH (aka Chain Link)! I'm not sure where the time goes. It seems like just yesterday that I got myself signed up, and now I should have my registration packet any day. And I guarantee that the next month will fly by, and I will be on my way to New Hampshire before I know it!

So I decided to take a look this morning to see how much homework I have to do before the show. Thankfully, it doesn't look too bad. I am taking an all day class on Friday on "knitting toe up socks on 1 circular needle". I need to bring 2 balls of DK weight yarn (from my stash, I'm sure), a circular needle and a crochet hook for picking up stitches. For homework, I need to knit a small swatch out of ww yarn in order to practice short rows. So that sounds reasonable.

On Saturday, I am taking 2 crochet classes. The first one is on foundation and linked stitches, and apparently it doesn't require any homework at all. The second class is on "easy, effective crochet edgings". My homework is to make a few 6" square pieces of either knitting or crochet that I can add edges to. Again, this is completely reasonable.

So I feel much relieved. I should be able to get ready for the conference in a mininal amount of time. I just need to decide what sort of notebook I want to put together to hold all of my swatches and any handouts I might pick up.

In case I don't get back to post until Monday, I want to wish everyone a great weekend and a Happy Father's Day on Sunday! We are going to take my FIL (and the moms too) out to dinner on Sunday, to a new restaurant that comes highly recommended. So it should be a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Deneen said...

I am hoping next year I can get to at least one of the shows, sounds great!

Have a terrific weekend.

Anonymous said...

"Chain Link" sounds exciting!


Have a great weekend.