Thursday, June 28, 2007

Goodbye to June - Hello July!


So, here we are at the end of June (and how, exactly, did that happen?), and considering the fact that I never set any June goals, I am very pleased with what I have accomplished this month and this year so far. Looking at my list of "100 Items for Charity", I can report that I already have 59 items on the list, and we are only halfway through the year! I am on track to actually exceed my goal this year. (The picture on the left is the latest 10 squares for Greensburg, with all the ends woven in this time!)

Which brings me to my July goals. I am a little conflicted. I would like to make July a "finishing" month, because I seem to have so UFOs piled up. However, since several of them are blankets and it has been 90+ degrees here in CT this week, this goal is a little unrealistic. So here is my list for July:

1. Get ready for the Knit and Crochet Show. Yes, I have got to get my swatches made very soon. I also need to set up a notebook and get some new clothes to wear.

2. Crochet my square for Krochet Krystal.

3. Decide on which projects I am taking on vacation and get those supplies together. We leave on August 4th, and time does seem to pass quickly, so I need to make some decisions soon.

4. I may not be able to finish blankets this month, but I have been crocheting a child's sweater for a year or more, and I would really like to get that finished and donated this month.

5. And of course, I will be making more squares! Over at the Gracious Parcels blog, they have some nice patterns available for their squares. I would like to try some of the patterns out, but knit until the squares are 9" and then send them along to Crafting for a Cause's WUA drive. And I really want to crochet more granny squares for Share a Square.

Well, that should keep me busy until vacation!

One more item of note - have you all found The Crochetalong? It is a companion blog to the Ripple Along and the Granny Along. Members are free to post about any crocheted items they are working on. I haven't joined yet, but I don't think I will be able to resist for long!

As always, since I probably won't be back to post until next week, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Deneen said...

I'm going to start the CAL at Fiber Freaks for the ghan after the July 4th holiday-is this okay with you?

Criquette said...

What beautiful squares! You're so sweet to take your time to crochet for others.