Monday, July 02, 2007

Working on July Goals Already!

We have just had an absolutely gorgeous weekend here in CT - highs in the mid-70's, with blue sky and a breeze. Not exactly July weather, but wonderful nonetheless. Besides the weather, the weekend also contained a really nice balance of relaxing with getting things done. So I feel rested but not at all ready to go back to work today (mostly because Mondays are the worst day of the week in summer - and I get 2 of them this week because we are closed on Wednesday for the holiday, which means I am facing another "Monday" on Thursday).

I spent some time on Saturday putting my notebook together for the conference next week and designing business cards for the blog. I haven't printed them out yet, but I like what I have come up with. Now I just have to pull yarn together from the stash and work up a few swatches.

Then, yesterday, I worked up 2 more squares for VT Tech. The one on the top I made up as I went along. It is ok, but I tried using some cluster stitches in the first few rounds and the middle turned out a little tight. For the bottom square, I used the "Larger than Life" bag square from the current issue of IK Crochet, which had been adapted from Jan Eaton's 200 Crocheted Squares. I just added a few extra rounds to make it 12". And then last night, I started another WUA square. I have to say that competition over at Crafting for a Cause is pretty fierce! One woman posted 43 WUA squares that she had made in about 2 weeks. I can't possibly compete with output like that, but I am having fun letting the contest motivate me to keep making squares.

No comments: