Monday, July 09, 2007

Getting Ready for the Conference!

Excitement is really building around here, as I get ready to leave for the Knit and Crochet Show on Thursday! I attended my crochet guild meeting yesterday, and I found out that 7 of us are attending the show this year. It was so much fun to say to everyone "see you Thursday" as we left the meeting.

I spent 4th of July pulling yarn out of my stash for each class I am taking and doing my homework. I still have a few swatches to finish, but I will be ready by Thursday. Then it occurred to me that I need a project to take with me as well. I had to do some thinking about that, because the project needs to be small and portable, but impressive none the less.

Luckily, last week I put in an Amazon order for 2 books and Adobe Photoshop Elements (which I promise to learn how to use when I get back). One of the books was Jan Eaton's Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques, which I bought sight unseen (something I almost never do). I fell in love with the book immediately and couldn't stop looking at it. I particularly liked some of her lace stitch patterns. The patterns made me think of the 2 skeins of Koigu PPPM that I had in my stash, probably because the swatches in the book were done in pink. And with that, I had found my travelling project:
This will become a scarf, one of nature's most portable projects. I am using an E hook, so it is growing fairly fast even though it is fingering weight yarn. And I love the way the colors are coming together.

I was able to go shopping before the meeting yesterday, and I found all the clothes I was hoping to buy. So now all that is left to do is pack clothes and food, and I will be on my way! Before I go, however, I will be back with a squares update for you all. I have been quite the busy girl this past week, even if I didn't get a chance to post.

1 comment:

Linda said...

The scarf will be lovely in that yarn. Sounds as if I'll have to add that book to my wish list.
Have a great time on your trip.