Wednesday, July 18, 2007

One More Post About the Conference...

...and then I promise I will talk about other topics again! I did manage to upload my photos yesterday morning, and I have a couple that are decent. The first is Dee taking a picture of some of our guild members at the dinner Saturday night. From the left, we have Jen, Karen, Grace, and Dee.

And here is one of Margaret modelling a freeform jacket on the runway. Speaking of Margaret, she has posted some great photos from the conference on her blog, if you want to see more.









I also took the time yesterday morning to take some pictures of my acquisitions from the fiber market. I didn't buy much, but I did treat myself to a few things.

I bought Crocheted Socks! by Janet Rehfeldt, who taught the sock class I took on Friday, and 2 skeins of sock yarn. The one on the bottom is Tofutsies. The one on the top is called Spunky Eclectic and is just about the softest sock yarn I have ever touched.

I bought myself a new wooden G hook from Grafton Fibers. I love using it already.


And finally, there was a stall selling Orenburg shawls imported from Russia. As some of you know, I have been lusting after these shawls for some years now, because the Russian woman I work with wears one every winter. I never thought I would have an opportunity to purchase one here in the States, but since I haven't managed to make one for myself either, I threw caution to the wind and bought one. My Russian friend has certified it authentic already!

It was a tad expensive, but I just had to have it. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is so lightweight that it is almost hard to get it around my shoulders. And now I can use my Russian yarn to make one of the Orenburg-inspired patterns I have acquired along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shawl is absolutely beautiful. I think you made a wise choice even though it was a little bit pricey.