Thursday, July 19, 2007

Now That I'm Home and Settled...

...I've been trying to decide what to work on for the rest of the month. For some reason this week, I've had a powerful desire to finish up the 3 preemie blankets I had started at the end of May. So that's what I have been doing with my evenings. I'm having fun with them, especially since one is a ripple and one is a granny square! I'll post pictures when I get them finished.

For the rest of the month, I have a few ideas floating around in my head. I need to get back to making some afghan squares. I want to make some more granny squares for Share a Square. It has also been a month since I got the pattern for Krochet Krystal's Daisy Square, so I want to try that pattern out, also. Both of these projects require me to dig in the stash for yarn, and hopefully I can find the time this weekend to pull the yarn together. Time keeps marching on, and it will be December before we know it. Consequently, I would also like to get back to making hats and scarves for the Salvation Army. I would like to finish more of the projects I have started, so that I have something to send to Warm Up Winchester.

And that's just the charity projects! The conference gave me all kinds of ideas for projects for me, too! There were so many Doris Chan patterns being worn at the conference, it just made my head spin. So I want to get back to my moebius shawl and get that finished. I want to start the Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl and make another Blue Curacao shawl. And I really want to start a pair of toe-up socks to practice what I learned in Janet's class.

So, just like that, I have goals to take me through the end of the year and well into next year. Stay tuned to see what I actually accomplish!

1 comment:

Deneen said...

We should "kick off" the Fiber Freaks square thing on the board, when you get a chance.

I got that Daisy pattern and have to work on it-it's been in my inbox for a month now and I feel like such a slacker.

The Doris Chan book is calling out to me too!

I have Janet's book, can't wait to see what you come up with.