Monday, July 30, 2007

Warm Hands, Summer Edition

First, though, I have to share my good news. I hadn't been back to Weight Watchers for 2 weeks, what with travelling to New Hampshire and then not feeling all that great the week after. But I made it last Friday morning, and I received some good news. I had lost 3.6 lbs over the past 2 weeks, bringing my total weight loss to 29.8 lbs. I'm calling it 30 lbs no matter what the digital scale says, and I have to say that it feels wonderful! At this point, I have lost about half the weight I need to, so I am very pleased.

Yes, this weekend turned into a "Warm Hands" weekend - I worked on mittens both days. Actually, considering how hot and humid it was in CT this weekend, it felt good to work on a small project like mittens. First up, I finished the second mitten of this pair:
Although it looks like the mitten on the left is bigger, they are the same size. The bigger mitten was finished first, some time ago, and I think all my poking and prodding at it stretched it out a bit. I made this pair out of Lion Brand Wool Ease.

Then I finished the first mitten of this pair and started the second:
This was my problem pair - the pair that made me wonder "what was I thinking". Well, I looked a the pattern again and figured out that I was using just one pattern. So the mitten worked up quickly enough yesterday. The only problem is that it is quite a bit smaller than I was expecting. It will fit a small child's hand, but obviously I still have gauge issues since it was supposed to fit an older child. I will have to continue to ponder that problem. I'm using Plymouth Encore, and I just love the color changes in this colorway.

I will try to finish the second mitten tonight, and then that just leaves the crocheted scarf for Tuesday night. If I can accomplish that, I will have met all of my July goals. Wish me luck!

(Also, for those of you who might be wondering about Summer of Squares and when I am getting back to making afghan squares, the answer is very soon. I need to make a square or two for my crochet guild by our August meeting, so I need to get busy on that as soon as I finish these projects.)

1 comment:

Linda said...

I have a friend who started Weight Watchers in January, and she's lost over 60 pounds. Her blood pressure has returned to normal and the pain she was having in her feet has disappeared. And you should see her shop for clothes!
I've never tried mittens. Yours turned out well.