Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Some Actual FO's Today!

I know it's taken me a few days to find time to post, but hopefully it will have been worth the wait since I actually have some FOs to show you all! Apparently the conference really inspired me to come home and finish some projects that have been languishing. (That and the fact that I really needed a brief break from afghan squares!) Last week I mentioned that I was motivated to work on the 3 preemie blankets that I had started at the end of May. Well, I kept going, and here they are, all finished. The first one is the granny square, made with Caron Simply Soft:

The second one is the ripple, made with TLC:

And the third one is made with the bushy stitch, from Dee's pattern, in Caron Simply Soft:

I finished the third one Sunday morning, and it felt so good to finish some things that I went digging for more WIPs/UFOs to finish. I found 2 hats that I could finish quickly. I had completely forgotten about the larger one!
The smaller one is a large preemie hat made from Red Heart Soft and will be donated with the blankets. The larger one should fit a small child, and I am going to send that to Warm Up Winchester. It took one whole skein of Plymouth Yarn's Jelli Beenz, but it is so soft and warm that it was worth it.

I have decided to keep going on these WIPs/UFOs for the rest of July. So that means that I have a hat, 2 pairs of mittens, and a crocheted scarf to finish by next Tuesday. If I can accomplish that, then I think I will mostly craft for myself in August but continue to try to finish projects that are already started. Since vacation is looming (I only have 1 more weekend before we leave), that will help me decide what projects to bring with me. But don't worry, I'm sure there will be a few afghan squares in the mix over the next month as well!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your preemie blankets are beautiful, as always, and the little hats are adorable.