Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Final July FO

I decided last night that mittens are definitely a weekend project. They are just complicated enough that I can't cope with them, especially after a typically chaotic summer Monday at the library. So the mitten is on hold until after vacation, and I finished up the crocheted scarf I have been talking about instead.

I started this scarf for the Red Scarf Project but then decided it wouldn't be long enough for their requirements. Now that it is done, it probably is longer than 60". (I didn't measure it.) But at this point I am going to donate it to Warm Up Winchester. I used Knit Picks Swish, a superwash wool, a K hook, and my own pattern. It is 25 stitches across, and I alternated between 5 hdc through the back loop only and then 5 hdc through the front loop only across. That gave the scarf a nice texture, while the K hook gave it nice drap. It is one of the nicest crocheted scarves I have made, IMHO!

Well, since it is the last day of the month, I'm off to post at Crafting for a Cause and Warm Up Winchester. I'll be back tomorrow with my plans for vacation projects.

No comments: