Thursday, August 02, 2007

Vacation!

This will be my last post before I leave on vacation, since I have Weight Watchers tomorrow morning and we leave as soon as we can Saturday morning. I won't pack until Saturday morning, but I have most everything else ready to go. Of course the biggest decisions involved which projects to bring with me.

I have settled on 3 crochet projects and 3 knitting projects. I know, I won't come close to finishing this many projects in a week. But I want some variety, and I'm nervous that one or another of the projects might not work out. All 3 of the crocheted projects are under way and going well. I'm bringing the moebius shawl, the scarf I started in July to take with me to NH, and another lacey scarf that I have been working on far too long. So the 2 themes here are lace and luxury yarns.

I'm more nervous about the knitting projects. I'm bringing a lace and cable scarf that I started last year after vacation, and 2 projects that aren't started yet at all. I will try to bring several sizes of needles for both projects, just in case I have gauge issues. One project will be a pair of socks, and the other will be a gift for my cat sitter. (Although I have to say that as I was doing some Internet surfing last night at work, I found a project that almost made me abandon all of my knitting plans. (Scroll down to the "Sea and Shells Stole". And I know, I shouldn't be online at work, but truly, it keeps me sane, especially in the summer!)) However, I will stick with these plans.

Hopefully, all these projects together will keep me interested and give me plenty to work on, because there isn't a whole lot else to do on Brier Island. I'm not complaining, though. I'm totally up for a very low key vacation that involves me sitting on my rear surrounded by natural beauty and crafting a lot. However, I do have one exciting thing to look forward to on vacation. It turns out that the Yarn Harlot is going to be in Halifax next Tuesday evening, and so my dh and I are now planning to spend the day there so I can attend her presentation that evening. So you can see why it is so important that I have a sock project with me!

So have a great week, and I will post again when I return!

3 comments:

Deneen said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time on vacation :-) Sounds like it will be lovely.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.