Monday, August 13, 2007

Sheep May Safely Graze - on Brier Island!

We are finally back and settled in at home. I can't believe that vacation is over already! We had such a good time, though. We spent 4 days travelling to get 3 days of R&R on Brier Island, but it was worth it. I hung out, worked on projects, played solitaire and cribbage with my dh (and when do I ever get time to that at home) and got thoroughly rested. There was also a little hiking, and a lot of eating of really good food, and even a little shopping along the way.

The Brier Island Lodge has a lot of animals wandering the grounds. So when we finally got checked into our room last Sunday, here was the scene out of our window:
Sheep! The sheep continued to graze on the lawn while we ate dinner. I didn't get a picture, but the lodge also has a bunny rabbit that thinks he's a sheep, and it was a riot watching him get in the way of the sheep's grazing and getting head butted (gently) for his trouble. The lodge also has 2 dogs, a couple of goats, a pig, and a rooster and chickens. Two of the chickens had chicks, and I swear the chicks grew daily. (Again, no pics - I really shouldn't be allowed a camera, I'm so bad about thinking to take pictures!)

I really didn't think I would have a chance to buy yarn on this trip, but before we got back on the ferry last Thursday to head home, we had time to wander around Yarmouth a bit. We found a store that sold local handcrafted items, and it turned out that they sold yarn as well! So I had a great time wandering around and chatting with one of the women who worked in the store. I finally left with 4 more skeins of yarn.
One skein of Fleece Artist for a pair of socks and 3 skeins of a yarn from England that will become another triangular scarf. I know I paid top dollar for the Fleece Artist yarn. I'm sure I could have bought the yarn online for less. But it was so much fun to buy Nova Scotia yarn in Nova Scotia that it was worth it. And it was my only souvenir from the trip.

Tomorrow - my only FO of the trip!

No comments: