Saturday, August 18, 2007

Daisy Square

Well, I managed to get partially organized yesterday. My stash is still out of control, but at least I now have a list of charity projects that I want to work on. Pretty much everything will be finished up by mid-November, if not before, so that will leave me time at the end of the year for either Christmas gifts or some projects for me. Anyway, here is my list:

1. Daisy Square for Krochet Krystal.
2. WUA squares made in Plymouth Encore for Homespun Helpers*.
3. 12" squares for the Fiber Freaks afghan.
4. Hats & scarves for the Salvation Army.
5. Hats, mittens & scarves for Warm Up Winchester.
6. Hats & scarves for the VA (another Homspun Helpers project).
7. Green child's sweater for yet another Homespun Helpers project.

I want to try to get all the afghan squares made this month, while Summer of Squares is still going on, and then work on lots of hats, mittens & scarves during the fall. To that end, I tackled the first item on the list yesterday:
A daisy square for Krochet Krystal. I was very happy that it came out a perfect 8" on my first try. The pattern is interesting. I hadn't really worked with 2 colors in quite the same way before. And I have to say that it is probably the happiest afghan square I have ever made. I mean, how can you look at that square and not smile?

I also made a WUA square and started a crocheted scarf yesterday. I will have numerous identical WUA squares before I am finished, so I will post a picture when I have them all done. So I feel like I have a pretty good start on this list.

Have a great weekend!

*Crafting for a Cause officially changed their name on Wednesday to Homespun Helpers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the daisy sqare. It does look very cheerful. I bet that pattern would make a lovely preemie blanket too.