Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Back!

I got home from the conference about 5:30 last night. I'm still tired and very glad to be home, but wow did we have a great time! My head is still spinning from everything I learned in my classes. All 3 classes were well organized and informative, and I know I will be incorporating what I learned from all 3 in my knitting and crocheting.

Of course, I carried my camera around all weekend and only took a few pictures at the fashion show. Go figure! I haven't even downloaded those photos yet. So if you want to see pictures, Dee has some great ones up on her blog. It turns out that I am not any sort of night owl, which is why I wasn't in Dee's room drinking strawberry wine in her latest post - I was in bed already!

Beyond the classes, one of the best parts of the conference for me was seeing everyone wearing their knitted and crocheted finery. Sweaters, ponchos, shawls, everywhere you looked there was someone wearing another fabulous item! Given how cold the A/C was in the hotel, sweaters, ponchos and shawls were actually very practical items, and if I go again next year, I am definitely going to work up some new shawls to bring with me!

The other thing that struck me was how focused so many knitters and crocheters are. Everywhere you went, in restaurants at meals, in the lounge that was open 24/7, at the keynote address, there was movement all around as knitters and crocheters worked on their projects. I like to think that I accomplish quite a bit with my knitting and crocheting, but the conference taught me that I am something of a lightweight. I haven't begun to tap into the unused minutes of my day for creating!

Unfortunately, it is time for me to get ready for work, but I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of the goodies I purchased at the fiber market. What a headspinning experience that was! It's a wonder that I was able to focus on any purchases, but I did manage and I will show you my loot tomorrow!

No comments: