Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No Crafting News Today

Well, summer seems to be starting a little early this year, at least at work. The library is getting busier, and staffing is getting tighter and tighter. Let me explain. June is the end of the fiscal year, and we all (part timers and full timers) get our vacation and sick time by the fiscal year. So the end of June is always fun, as everyone attempts to use up all their vacation time for the year. (We can't carry it over to the next year, so it is "use it or lose it".) Next week, one of our part timers is leaving to go home to Taiwan for the summer. Then, on top of all of this, we got the news late yesterday that one of our full timers is on bed rest for the next 2 weeks and won't be in to work. I'm really worried about her, actually. They seem to think that she might be leaking spinal fluid, which sounds very serious. We'll know more when the test results come in. But it also means that our schedule, which was already tight, is now just about impossible, just as school is about to let out and summer reading is about to begin.

Of course, the other reason there is no crafting news today is that yesterday was my 14th wedding anniversary, and I was a little busy last night! We went out to an Indian restaurant for dinner. This restaurant lacks a certain ambiance - the decor reminds me of "early motel room". But the food is superb! So we had a lovely evening. I am not one to gush, but I have to say that I am continuously amazed that not only do I still love my husband after all these years, I still like him as well. He is still the person I most want to spend time with.

There will be crafting news, again, but I'm just not sure when. I am working away on my watermelon squares, but that isn't going to make for a good blog post until the afghan is finished. I also want to get busy on some squares for Greensburg. So those are my goals for the week at least. And I am actually working 9-5 today, so I will be home tonight and I might get something done then. I will let you know how I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Priscilla!
~Dee

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It is always nice to hear of couples that have been together a great while. I can't wait until I can say that G and I have been married X amount of years. Oh if we ever get this wedding together!