Monday, June 04, 2007

Baby Socks

I just about have time for a quick post this morning. We had a nice, quiet weekend, but somehow there wasn't a lot of time for crafting. However, I did find time to make a pair of baby socks like I was threatening to a couple of weeks ago!

I used Lion Brand Wool, and I intend to donate these to Afghans for Afghans. I used this pattern, but I went down to size 5 needles. I think my gauge is spot on. The pattern presumes that you know what you are doing, so I ended up going back to my tried and true Yankee Knitter sock pattern that practically tells you when to breathe, the instructions are so thorough! I felt much more comfortable by the time I was making the second sock, although my Kitchener stitch still needs some work. So I definitely intend to make more of these, both for my own practice and for the babies in Afghanistan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such cute little socks!
Glad to see you had a good weekend.
Glad to see you liked Pirates 3 too. Boy Capt. Jack Sparrow can get into some fixes can't he?

Thank you for your kind words on the loss of G's aunt.