Friday, January 18, 2008

And Another FO!

This is what I get for looking forward to a 3-day weekend. I now have a cold, and I'm home sick today. So I get a 4-day weekend, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy it. I've been sicker, so hopefully I will get over this cold quickly.

But I'm a trooper. I've been sitting here this morning quietly finishing the edging on a second baby blanket.

I used Bernat Softee Baby in 2 colors and a G hook and my own design for the stitch pattern. I think I started this one at the same time as the one I finished a couple of days ago, so say April 2005. 3 years to finish 2 afghans. I think I need to move a little faster if I'm going to get the stash under control! I'm going to play with holding 2 strands of all this leftover sport weight yarn together and see if I get a worsted weight gauge. Then I should be able to use it up a little faster.

My Knit a Mile total now stands at 1,160 yards used. I'm not sure how much I will add to it today, though. Maybe it's the cold, but I seem to be in a destructive mood, and I've got 4 scarves that want frogging. Then I'm going to rewrite my UFO list and decide what to tackle next. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby blanket. I can't wait to see more FO's. Its ok to be putting things in the frong pond. They usually want to be something different :)
Have a great weekend -- I hope you get to feeling better.

Anonymous said...

That blanket is wonderful! You have more inner calm than I do. The last time I made a baby blanket, it took me nearly two months! And I'm with cole ... it's okay to frog.

Feel better soon! *hugs*