Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Decisions, Decisions!

Now that I have finished so many of my UFOs, I don't have any mindless knitting or crocheting for evenings. I still have some UFOs, but mostly they require time and concentration and will be finished on weekends. So I have been casting around for easier projects to work on in the evening. And it is slowly dawning on me that maybe it's time to get back into some charity work. But that raises the issue of what to work on, and I am feeling somewhat unfocused about where to start.

Yesterday, I logged onto Ravelry to find that I had a message waiting. I was pleased to find that it was an invitation to join a group called "Charity Knitting". I have been busy joining groups on my own over there, but I had not been invited to join a group before, and somehow I had not found this particular group. So I accepted the invitation and have since been reading back posts and getting all kinds of inspired! This is a good thing, because there haven't been many new charity projects starting up lately. I have been following one called LovePurl, but I haven't joined yet. Homespun Helpers has been quiet lately, although they have reached their goal of 100 items donated in January already. So I needed some new inspiration to get me going.

Of course, I should make a few more chemo hats for my crochet guild. I rediscovered my bag of softer yarns the other day, which also reminded me to get busy. We will be donating preemie blankets and hats in the next couple of months, so there's another option. And it's not too soon for me to start on some hat and scarf sets for next December. There's always a need for hats, scarves, mittens and afghan squares. Socks are another option and would be good practice. Hmm, maybe my problem is too many choices! I will have to spend some time today mulling this over, and then tonight I will try to settle to something productive.

No comments: