Monday, January 21, 2008

The Fos Just Keep Acoming!

But first, the big news - I managed to get to 1,760.5 yards just before dinner last night! I probably crocheted entirely too much this weekend, but I just couldn't stop. And along the way, I managed to finish two more items on my UFO list.

The first, on Saturday, was my 3rd Shoop Shoop Capelet.
I had started this last spring for my MIL's birthday, but it just wasn't right for her. So I got some different yarn and finished a different capelet in time for her birthday. My intention was to frog this one, but I had made it holding 2 strands of Lion Brand Microspun together, and frogging really wasn't an option without major tangles. And there was nothing wrong with the project. It just wasn't right for its original recipient. So I decided that I would finish it on Saturday and then donate it to my crochet guild for a future sale. By the end of the afternoon, I was ready to tear my hair out, but the capelet was finished. If you have ever used Microspun, you know that it is splitty. Well, let me tell you that holding 2 strands together about triples that splittyness! I also decided to try and see if I had enough for a larger shawl. I got to the edging and decided that, no, I didn't have enough. So I ripped out what I had done and put the edging on the smaller size. An afternoon's work, and all I had to show for it was 144 yards used. I was not very happy, but there you are.

Then, yesterday, I decided to make a mitten to finish a pair and put "second mitten syndrome" to bed for good.
I have always had a love/hate relationship with this pattern. Years ago, I had to count every row, because I couldn't see the difference between the sc and the sl st easily. Reading the stitches is easier now, but the pattern was hard on my hands. But it's done, and one more thing is off my list. The one on the right looks bigger, but I swear they are the same size. I used Caron Simply Soft, which isn't very soft in the variegated color, and these should fit a 5-7 year old.

I have also been working away on the green child's sweater, and I should have that done in a day or two. It may still need embellishing, but the bulk of the crocheting will be done. So the FOs should continue to keep coming!

No comments: