Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Blanket

For some reason, this is making me insanely happy this morning:
Thanks to one of my fellow stash busters over at Ravelry, Nat Red Knit's, I found this free Lion Brand pattern called "Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket". Finally, yesterday I could resist no longer. After all the finishing I've done in January, I was getting desperate to start something new. I really needed some mindless knitting for the evenings, since all the UFOs I have left require more concentration than I'm up for at the end of the day. And this project makes me happy because I was able to haul a big old skein of yarn out of my stash and start using it up! I went through a period where buying skeins of Lion Brand Pound of Love seemed like a really good use for a 40% off coupon at Michael's or Joann's. I still have 3 skeins left to use. (Now you see how I managed to acquire 105 miles of yarn in my stash!)

And I'm also happy because tonight and next Thursday, I'm helping with a children's program at the library. We are having a 2-part learn to crochet program. We will be teaching 10 kids basic crochet stitches and getting them started on a granny square. Apparently, 2 of the girls who are coming already know some of the basics, so I am going to work with them on some more advanced techniques. It should be a lot of fun! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: