Monday, February 04, 2008

Liesel and A Couple of Placemats

I am pleased to report that even though I have started 2 new projects in the last week, I am still on a roll with finishing items as well. Last Friday, I started a shawl, then I finished a sock and started its mate (no second sock syndrome around here). Then I put the sock down, and even though it was late afternoon by then, I pulled Liesel out and wondered if I could finish her by dinner. Well, thanks to an understanding dh who was willing to make dinner singlehandedly, I succeeded and here she is:
I haven't had time to block her yet. Maybe next weekend. However, I am very pleased that she is done. I used 2 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora. The yarn didn't have a lot of yardage to it, so the scarf is a little short, but I'm hoping to add some length when I block.

Yesterday, it occurred to me that a lot of the projects I'm finishing right now aren't completely finished. The Lucy bag needs felted, the green sweater needs embellished, Liesel needs blocked. So I decided to take one project and completely finish it. I had finished crocheting a pair of placemats one evening last week, and I just needed to add the fringe. It took most of yesterday afternoon, but they are completely finished and ready to use next summer when we pull the patio furniture out.
These took maybe 4 skeins of Lily Sugar and Cream. I had intended to make 4 placemats, but I just wasn't happy with the stitch pattern. These 2 will be fine for everyday use. Then, over the summer, I will find another pattern and make another 4 placemats for company. (Yes, I have enough yarn for that. For some reason, I bought a lot of fiber insurance for this project!)

So that puts my total yardage at 2,724.5 yards used since Jan. 5th. That's over a mile and a half, so I think I just might make it to 2 miles by February 19th. I'm also down to about a dozen UFOs left on my list. As my dh said to me last night, when I put my mind to something, I really make it happen!

No comments: