Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm Not Sure Why I Set Monthly Goals...


...if I'm not going to pay any attention to them whatsoever! But sometimes, I just need to work on a project or else drive myself crazy thinking about it. And that's what happened the last couple of days. I just couldn't get my cotton tank top out of my mind. I'm not sure when I started this, but it has to be 2-3 years ago. I had intended to make finishing this a March goal, so I'm just a month early! Usually I work on it in summer, and I know for the last couple of years I have intended to finish it and wear it on vacation. The last time I put it down was because I had one less stitch on one side of the front than the other. I thought it would take a long time to find the error, but it turned out that I only needed to rip back one row. So now I am 2 rows away from finishing the front. Then I need to do a 3-needle bindoff (which will be a new technique for me) to attach the front and back at the shoulder, pick up stitches and knit the neckband, and then weave in ends and sew the side seams. I am hoping I can finish this over the upcoming weekend, since it is a 3-day weekend for me. (The photo is of the back of the top, but the front doesn't look substantially different.)

1 comment:

Milly said...

oooh I love the color!