Monday, February 25, 2008

Socks and a Scarf

Considering that it was an unexpected 3-day weekend (we had a snow day on Friday), I didn't really get a lot done this weekend. For some reason, I seem to sit and do nothing when it is snowing, instead of using the day productively. (I think this partly has to do with not knowing when I'm going out to shovel snow and not wanting to start anything and get interrupted.)

I did manage to start a scarf for my co-worker who is retiring. Last Wednesday I went over to my LYS to see if I could find yarn in an appropriate color for this scarf, since of course I had nothing in my stash that would work. I found Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk. It is so soft! I settled on the Ruggles Reversible Scarf pattern, and I am please with how the scarf is working up. Now I just need to finish it ASAP. The yarn is DK weight, and I'm using size 4 needles. But the scarf is only 40 stitches across, and the pattern is interesting, so each row goes quickly.

And I had a lovely day yesterday. I got together with 3 members of my crochet guild, and we had a sock knitting workshop. I taught them how to do toe-up socks and got my second Traveler sock started at the same time. They were all very good students and took to the new technique immediately. And it was so relaxing to just sit, knit, chat and eat the munchies our hostess, Nancy, put out for us. It was just what I needed after all the craziness that's been going on at work this month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that scarf - such a beautfiul color.