Friday, February 29, 2008

March Goals

First of all, I have to thank both Valerie and The Mad Crocheter for their comments on yesterday's post. You both gave me a lot to think about this morning. Valerie, you are right - I should highlight my accomplishments, and I will next month. I usually meet my goals and accomplish a lot. I think I have just been a tad frustrated this month at how things have gone, and it showed yesterday morning. But better days ahead!

And Mad Crocheter, your question about putting pressure on myself and does that help or hinder me is a good one. I think that under normal circumstances, I do well with goals and deadlines. It helps me to organize my time and work efficiently and get things finished. I'm constantly saying the same thing at work - don't just ask me to do something, tell me when you want it done by and it will get done. Both at home and at work, without a deadline, I tend to drift and not get things done (hence the 32 UFOs I have been working on). I just bit off more than I could chew with my February goals and again, that frustrated me.

Having said that, I am going to try and be more reasonable about my March goals. March is National Crochet Month, and in honor of that, I have decided to spend the month mostly crocheting for charity. So here are my new goals:

1. Rather than set a number of completed projects, I am going to try to crochet another 2-3 miles of yarn on various charity projects. If the projects aren't finished at the end of the month, so be it. But at least I will continue with my stash busting efforts.
2. I do need to finish at least one moebius shawl in March, and if I can finish 2, so much the better.
3. Because I just can't crochet all the time, and because I still want to continue to finish up older UFOs, I would also like to finish knitting the 2 socks that are OTN.
4. The red scarf I posted about earlier in the week has to be finished by next Tuesday, when we are having the farewell party for my coworker.
5. I feel like I haven't been blogging as much as usual lately, so in March, I would like to get back to blogging 4-5 times a week.

I have some other ideas for celebrating National Crochet Month here on the blog in March, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those goals sound great! This has given me a great idea to spend the month of March also focusing on charity knitting! For the first in a very long time, I don't have any knitting projects due! How did that happen? :-)

Yarn or Death said...

There's nothing quite like a goodbye party to light a fire under your needles, is there? Great good luck!