Saturday, March 01, 2008

Starting March Right!

Well, I feel like I am getting March off to a good start! I have a charity FO to show you all already. In addition to working on my red scarf, which is 20" long now and well on it's way to being finished by Tuesday, I also finished crocheting a scarf yesterday for my first Salvation Army set.
I used 2 skeins of Simply Soft Shadows for the hat and scarf. I started the hat on February 10th, at the crochet guild meeting, so this set worked up fairly quickly and used another 300 yards from my stash.

I also spent some time yesterday organizing patterns and yarn to get ready for all the charity crocheting I intend to do this month. I have been printing out patterns off the Internet like a fiend lately, and yesterday I got them all put into sheet protectors and filed into the appropriate notebooks. Then I started to pull out the yarn I want to use. My intention was to pull out 3 miles of yarn and then work it all up. But I had too many partial balls, and it was just too hard to count the yardage on the skein. So I ended up with this...
...which is far more than 3 miles of yarn, I'm sure. It's probably more like 5-6 miles. So I have no aspirations of using it all up in March. But it will give me options if I want to do some sort of colorwork, without my having to dig through the stash again later in the month. I'll try to post an "after" picture at the end of the month to see how much I actually used up. I will say that there is starting to be some breathing room in my storage bins, so that's a good sign!

Finally, my dh went up to Vermont on Thursday. He was supposed to stay up there until today, but because of the impending snow storm, he ended up coming home last night. And look what he brought me!
2 skeins of SWTC's Pure, a soysilk yarn. It is so soft, and I love the colors! I think it will make a beautiful scarf. He found a new yarn shop called "6 Loose Ladies" and decided to stop in and buy me something. He said the woman in the shop looked a little puzzled when he walked in, until he explained what he wanted, and then she was very helpful. I have to admit to being really impressed with him, and I'm also beginning to sense a road trip in my future - once I get a little farther along on the stashbusting!

2 comments:

Yarn or Death said...

How sweet! And that's beautiful yarn he picked out. The hat and scarf look great! I didn't realize Simply Soft Shadows was so pretty.

Anonymous said...

He's a "keeper," Priscilla!!
~Dee