Monday, March 10, 2008

Busy Week Ahead

I spent yesterday nursing another cold. I had a sore throat and sniffles. This meant that I missed my crochet guild meeting, but I didn't want to infect everyone. And I knew that I needed to rest up, because I have a very busy week ahead of me at work. I have to evaluate my 4 remaining employees, I have a meeting to attend Tuesday morning out of the library, I am helping to install a new computer in my department Tuesday afternoon, and I am orienting 2 new volunteers on Thursday. I also have to revise interview questions and all my training materials to get ready for hiring a new employee in the next couple of weeks. And this is all over and above my normal day to day activities. So I don't have time to be sick this week! Actually, after resting yesterday, I do feel quite a bit better today, so I should manage ok.

As promised, I have been crocheting away. Since the end of February, I have made 13 WUA squares for Homespun Helpers.
All of the squares are made out of Caron Simply Soft, for the Simply Soft/WUA contest being held right now by Caron. So far, I have used up 7 partial skeins of Simply Soft, which is making a nice dent in my stash.

Yesterday, I made a pair of mittens for the mitten contest that Homespun Helpers is having this month. (Yes, they do keep us busy over there!)
These were also made out of Simply Soft, although the variegated colorways aren't so soft. I still have issues with this pattern, though. It doesn't list a gauge, which is a problem. I used the pattern that should fit a 1-3 year old, but these mittens will fit a 5-7 year old quite comfortably. I had used the 5-7 year old pattern previously, and those are big enough to fit an 8-10 year old. I also made one mitten, supposedly sized for an 11 year old, last night, and by adding a few more rows, it will easily fit my hand. So I may have to recalculate all the numbers based on the gauge I am getting. (Or I may just go back to knitting mittens.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you & your Dad are feeling better soon!
~Dee