Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring is in the air...

...and a young girl's fancy turns to -- shawls? Yeah, go figure, but I just can't get a couple of shawl patterns off my mind. Actually, I think it has less to do with spring in the air than with the fact that winter won't go away. The past 2 days, the afternoon temps have gotten into the lower 50s, with warm sunshine, which was wonderful. However, it is 24 degrees here this morning, and the weathermen are predicting rain and snow showers starting tonight and lasting the next 3 days.

Whatever the reason, I really am comtemplating starting one or two new shawls in the next couple of days. (I actually have 7 shawl patterns in my Ravelry queue!) I have gone so far as to find yarn to make Eva's Shawl. I just love how feminine this shawl looks, and I have been wanting to crochet with lace weight yarn for a while now. I found some red Misti Alpaca in my stash that I think will work perfectly. I also have yarn picked out for Clapotis, and I'm itching to cast on after seeing Skyline Chilly's finished shawl this week. And finally, I am also interested in the Seraphina shawl. That one will take a little more time to find yarn for. I don't want to use Lion Brand Homespun, which is what the pattern calls for, but I do want to make sure that I have enough of whatever yarn I choose.

Of course, I have no business starting this many new projects when I still have UFOs to finish up. But having finished so many projects this year already, I'm finding that I miss the chaos of having too many projects started at once!

No comments: