Monday, March 31, 2008

March Goals Revisited/April Goals

So it's the end of March already, and that means it's time to review how I did on my March goals and set some goals for April. I am much happier with how I did this month than I was at the end of February. The goals I accomplished are highlighted in red:

1. Rather than set a number of completed projects, I am going to try to crochet another 2-3 miles of yarn on various charity projects. If the projects aren't finished at the end of the month, so be it. But at least I will continue with my stash busting efforts. - Ok, so I only managed to use up just over 1 mile of yarn, but I'm happy with that given that my FIL and myself ended up sick this month.
2. I do need to finish at least one moebius shawl in March, and if I can finish 2, so much the better. - well, I managed to finish all the repeats the pattern called for yesterday on the shawl that will be given away, but my row count must be off because it isn't long enough yet. I think another 5 pattern repeats should do it, so I am really please with how I did on this goal as well, and the shawl should be finished in the next week or so.
3. Because I just can't crochet all the time, and because I still want to continue to finish up older UFOs, I would also like to finish knitting the 2 socks that are OTN. - well, at least 1 sock got finished. The other got frogged, and I still need to start it again.
4. The red scarf I posted about earlier in the week has to be finished by next Tuesday, when we are having the farewell party for my coworker.
5. I feel like I haven't been blogging as much as usual lately, so in March, I would like to get back to blogging 4-5 times a week. - I think I managed more like 3 times a week, but again, pretty good given all the illnesses.

So scaling back my goals this month worked pretty well for me. And I am actually going to scale the goals back even further for April to just one word - blankets. The April challenge over at the Stash Knitdown is "Spring Cleaning." At first, I thought, well I've been doing that since January - finishing UFOs, that is. Then I realized that there is still more to do. I have enough squares sitting around for probably 7 blankets, so while it is still cool enough to do it here in CT, I am determined to sew up some blankets in April. This might make for a boring blog, but it will really help to clean up my craft room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your "de-stashing"! I'm working my way towards "re-stashing"! lol.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your goals!

I managed to do some spring cleaning in my stash by trading/selling a lot of yarn on Ravelry. Of course, I bought more yarn - but a sweater amount for something special for me.