Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time Out for Some Knitting!

So work is going ok, but I am still fighting this durned cold. I'm getting worried that if I don't get the congestion under control soon, I will end up with a sinus infection. So I am going to add Mucinex to the decongestants I am already taking and hope for the best.

On the crafting front, I decided last night to drag my BIG bag of acrylic yarn downstairs to give myself options and to get myself going on the charity items I want to make this month. (It's going to take a while to work through all this yarn, so I have got to get going!) I thought my dh might wonder what I was doing, but he didn't bat an eye.

I also decided that I really wanted to knit mittens, so I got out my knitting needles and got started. I crochet so much with acrylic yarn that I forget how nice some of it knits up, too. I pulled out a partial skein of Red Heart Soft Yarn last night, and it is making the softest mitten ever. Red and soft, what an unbeatable combination! At first, I wasn't sure I was up for making a bunch of mittens this month, but I am really starting to get into this Homespun Helpers challenge. But I promise, I will get back to crocheting, too!

No comments: