Wednesday, March 05, 2008

How My Week is Going

So here's how my week is going. I spent Sunday, Monday and Tuesday finishing the red scarf and getting ready for the retirement party for my co-worker. The scarf turned out just the way I wanted:
The recipient loved it, and the first thing she said was that the length was perfect. The scarf turned out to be 5" X 38".

I also worked on Sunday, which is unusual. But because of my love of the fiber arts, and because we were having a tatting program at the library, the powers that be asked me to work the program. It was so much fun that I felt guilty that I was getting paid! 2 ladies from my crochet guild, including Dee, came to the program. The basic stitch wasn't that hard for me to pick up, so I think I have another craft to pursue. Tatting is going to be the perfect summer craft, because it uses cotton thread and works well with small projects. I can't wait to try a real project!

Then, last night, the week took a turn for the worse. My FIL fell last Saturday, and by last night he was lethargic and just not doing well. My dh went up and took him to the ER, but they sent him home instead of admitting him because all his labwork was normal. Unfortunately, he did not do well overnight, so I went up to offer moral support to the family this morning, and we ended up taking him back to the ER. This time, he was admitted. We don't have a diagnosis yet, but a mild stroke is a possibility. I'm going to spend tomorrow with my inlaws so that my dh can go to work for a while. So I might be away from the blog and the computer for a few days. Rest assured that I will be back, and that I am crocheting while I am hanging out in the hospital.

And finally, I have to add that I am watching a repeat of last week's Project Runway while I am writing this post. I was very happy to note that one of the finalists designed an evening dress, and the entire front of the dress was made of hairpin lace! He used a heavy, chenille-type yarn, so it doesn't look like your typical hairpin lace, but that's what it was. Very exciting to have a crochet sighting on a fashion design program!

No comments: