Monday, March 17, 2008

Sick Bed FOs

What a weekend! I am finally feeling better, but I have done nothing but sit, watch TV and work on projects for the past 4 days. So I have some FOs to share.

First up, I decided on Friday that I wanted to make something pretty to donate to Homespun Helpers. So I dug out 2 skeins of Wool Ease and came up with this hat and scarf set.
The photos don't show it, but the white has a shiny nylon thread wrapped around the yarn, giving it a little sparkle. The scarf came out a little big, so the set will fit a teen or adult woman.

I also finished 2 pairs of mittens for the Homespun Helpers mitten contest.
The red pair are made from Red Heart Soft, and the blue pair from Caron Simply Soft.

I also got possessed to finish my Traveler Socks this weekend.
The second sock went so fast! And I have to admit that while a short row heel doesn't look as elegant as a heel flap and gussets, it is so much faster and easier to do. And it is just as comfortable to wear. The pair took a little less than 1 skein of Cascade 220.

And let me say Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! Can you believe that this week begins with St. Patrick's Day and ends with Easter? Spring and the NCAA Tournament both start on Thursday, which means that there will be basketball games on Easter. I'm having some trouble getting my mind around all of this happening at the same time.

And before I go, I just have to note that both of my alma maters are going to the big dance this year! My first alma mater, Cal State Fullerton, won their conference tournament this past week and are going to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 30 years. They even got a 14 seed, so they could be this year's Cinderella. Very exciting! And my second alma mater, UConn, is the #4 seed in the West. I didn't think they would be seeded that high, so that's exciting too. (For those of you who don't follow college basketball and have no idea what I am talking about, sorry! Just bear with me and chalk it up to March Madness!)

No comments: