Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ravelry Groups

Over the past week or so, I have managed to join a few more groups over at Ravelry. The first one is purely for fun. It's called "Make It Work." It's just what I needed - a group of people who get together and obsess over Project Runway! Unfortunately, I found the group just as Season 4 was finishing. But I've been having fun reading through the older threads, especially the one listing everyone's favorite quotes from all 4 seasons. That brought back some memories! (For those of you not familiar with the show, Project Runway is a show on the Bravo channel that has fashion designers competing against one another. Each week, they get a new challenge, and each week, one of them is eliminated. It is the ultimate guilty pleasure!)

The other 2 groups are more serious. I decided to join "Mittens for Akkol", a group that is knitting socks, hats, mittens and scarves for a Russian orphanage, and a group making items for Afghans for Afghans. Since I work with a woman from Russia, the children in the Russian orphanage really tug at my heart.
Even though I don't have a huge wool stash, I do have more than I think, and I would like to use up what I have. I also don't usually knit for charity, but I am ready to have a few ongoing projects that will take some time to complete but that will be small enough to travel with. So expect me to develop at least a mild case of startitis within the next week or so!

No comments: