Friday, April 04, 2008

TGIF

Well, I didn't mean to disappear from the blog this week, but this turned into one rough week at the library. I'll just say that we are having staffing issues - resignations and difficulties filling open positions - and because I'm now a department head, I'm right in the middle of the stress. So I have been coming home pretty thrashed every evening, and not much crafting has been going on.

I do have one thing to show you from the week, though. I did manage to start Eva's shawl.
So far, I love crocheting with laceweight yarn (Misti Alpaca Lace, to be precise). However, I would not recommend this for beginners. Laceweight yarn and a G hook make the stitches look a bit different, and it really helps to be able to read your crochet stitches well. If I get the time and energy to work on this, I think it will crochet up very quickly.

Since next week looks to be at least as interesting at work as this week has been, I'm going to take the weekend off to recover. Hopefully I will have a bit more energy for posting next week. As always, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Criquette said...

That shawl looks like it'll be just the thing to help you relax and recuperate this weekend. Hope next week gets better for you.

Milly said...

I'm loving the color of the shawl!
My hubby is a librarian too. His is a small operation so staffing problems luckily don't plague them as often, but I can understand what you are going through.
Hang in there!