Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Getting Ready for the MS Walk

I've been thinking about what I want to bring with me next Sunday to the MS Walk. Walking 5 miles, I know that I want to travel light. I have a fanny pack for most of my essentials, but then I realized that I will also want to have some water with me. I don't really want to carry a back pack, and I don't want to carry a bottle of water for 5 miles. So I started to think that I should find a pattern and make a water bottle holder for myself.

Before I even had time to go look for a pattern, a pattern found me! Last week, Deneen designed and graciously shared her Over the Shoulder Water Bottle Holder with us. The pattern is just what I needed.
I started on Sunday and made the first holder according to the pattern (the one on the left). Then, since I usually buy my bottled water at CVS, and it comes in 3 sizes, I decided to go ahead and alter the pattern slightly and make 2 more to fit all 3 sizes of bottle. I finished the medium size last night (the one on the right) and started the largest size, which I will hopefully finish tonight. I ended up using a large skein of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. I liked the colors (and I like the way the yarn is striping), and I knew I would have enough yarn for all three holders.

Next up, Dee has graciously offered to help sponsor me on this walk, and she would like to know if I am going to crochet while I walk. I am seriously tempted to attempt this, so now I just need to work out the details of carrying a project with me as well (while still traveling light). Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Deneen said...

Good for you on the walk. I am getting my lumbar puncture soon-ruling it all out.