Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April Roundup/May Goals

So here it is, the end of April already, and I have to say that not really having goals this month was kind of fun. I accomplished quite a bit, and I feel really good about it. I finished a mobius shawl, 23 WUA squares and 2 water bottle holders. I actually used 1,169 yards of Simply Soft making the afghan squares. If you add in the other projects as well, I used up a total 1,990 yards of yarn in April. And my total yarn usage for the year is 4.5 miles! I am well on my way to finishing a half marathon this year, which has me wondering about trying for a marathon. I would have to about triple my yarn usage each month, which might not be a practical goal, especially with summer coming up. I have to continue to think about that one.

The May challenges over at the Stash Knitdown Ravelry group are using cotton yarn and laceweight yarn. I'm excited about both challenges, and the challenges are helping me focus on some May goals. So here goes:

1. Finish the cotton tank top that I have been working on for the past 2 years.
2. Finish Eva's shawl.
3. Possibly start a cotton cardigan to go with the tank top.

I am also still thinking about the walk on Sunday. I finally realized that I have the perfect bag to use - big enough for a small project yet small enough to hang off my wrist. So now I just need to find the perfect small project. I'm thinking perhaps a cotton scarf, in keeping with my May challenge. I probably won't settle on anything until Saturday, though. I need some time to dig through my stash.

No comments: