Friday, April 25, 2008

MS Walk

If you have read this blog for any length of time, you already know that one of my co-workers was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis about 6 months ago. She is in her mid-30s, with a son in middle school (junior high in some parts of the country), and she now has to live with this disease for the rest of her life. It has been frustrating, watching her struggle to bring her flare up under control with medicine and not really being able to do anything to help her.

That's why a group of us from the library are going to do the MS Walk next Sunday morning (May 4th). If we can help raise money for MS research, then maybe our coworker won't have to live with the disease for ever. But I'm also walking for the other 5 people I know who also have MS. I actually know more people living with MS than living with or surviving cancer. With 200 people being diagnosed each week with MS (in America), I have a feeling that I'm not alone. So I am going to put the link to my donation page in my sidebar for the next week. I wish that I had been more together and held a contest to raise money, and if I do the walk again next year I will try to get my act together earlier. But for this year, if you would like to help out this cause, I would be thrilled. Any amount would be gratefully accepted.

And now, it is a beautiful spring day, I'm off from work, and I intend to go out and enjoy the day. Have a great weekend!

No comments: