Monday, April 14, 2008

I Can Finally Come Clean...

...about the sort of secret moebius shawl that I have mentioned from time to time on this blog. That's because I finished it this weekend and gave it away yesterday at my crochet guild meeting. Just to remind everyone, at the end of last year, I had a contest that involved guessing how many charity items I could complete after I had reached my goal of 100. Well, Dee won. Her prize was that I would make an item to be donated to the charity of her choice. She asked if I would make a moebius shawl for one of our guild members who had lost her daughter the day after Christmas last year, which I was happy to do. She asked that I have it finished by April, so I chose our guild meeting as the best day to surprise Ruth.

I was a little nervous as I was finishing the shawl. Would it be the right size? Would I screw up the blocking? And most importantly, would Ruth like it? I think these pictures answer the questions better than I can.
That's me on the left, Ruth in the middle, and Nancy on the right. And here's Ruth in her shawl.
I am very pleased with how this shawl turned out, but I am also glad to move on to some other projects.

Other than that, the weekend was very relaxing, and I feel somewhat ready to go back to work this afternoon. I would like to think that this week will go better at work, but then I remember that it's spring break in my little town this week. So we're in for another busy week, but hopefully one with a little less drama on the part of the staff than the previous two!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shawl looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Ruth looks absolutely tickled in her gorgeous moebius! Nice job!!!!

Sandy said...

Ruth looks like a fun lady, what a nice warm smile she has. How sweet of you to make her something, I can tell she does indeed like it and feels warmth...inside and out from the thought and caring that went into it. I always told my daughter when she was younger it was the ghan, or the yarn that kept her warm; but the love put in it while it was being made.

Thanks again Priscilla for answering all my questions about blogging here etc. I do appreicate it.

When last we talked, I was home sick; or just getting over it and you had bugs eatting your brain. LOL. I trust you're feeling better now. I know I am. And FINALLY, it's getting warm and flowers blooming and trees budding. I thought it might not ever happen this year, was soooooooo tired of the winter and snow and all that it brings.

Got my sweater done, swing by for a looky; think I might have set a record for how LONG it took me.

Have a great wk
Sandy