Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Rippling Again!

Since I now have a need for lots of Simply Soft to make squares with, I finally went through the leftover yarn from my ripple afghan. The leftovers have been sitting in a bag since December because my dh wants a ripple afghan too, but with only 7 colors in it. So, on Saturday, I got him to sit down and choose which 7 colors he wants in his afghan. I think he made excellent choices!
If I get this started soon, I might just have it done by next winter, even if I don't work on it over the summer.

Once he had made his choice, I went up to the stash and found 2 more skeins of each color. I wanted to make sure I have enough yarn to finish this afghan once I start it. Then it occured to me that this will be the 4th afghan I have made out of my stash of Simply Soft. In the past year, I have made a ripple 'ghan, a log cabin 'ghan, and all the squares for my watermelon afghan (although I had to buy a little more yarn to finish those). And believe it or not, I still have enough skeins of Simply Soft to make 2 or 3 sweaters, and even that won't finish off the stash! Obviously, I really love this yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That settles it. The next time I need yarn, I'm going shopping at your house! {VBG}
~Dee