Monday, December 17, 2007

The Ripple, It is Finished!


Well, I did it. I sat down Friday night and wove in all the ends on my ripple afghan, and it is finished! It only took 4 hours to weave in the ends. Or put another way, it took viewing the Newshour and the entirety of "It's A Wonderful Life". But it's finished, and I have really been enjoying sitting under it the past few evenings.

The 'ghan is 42.5" wide and about 60" long. It's a smidge longer than necessary, but I wanted 3 full color repeats. I used 15 colors of Caron Simply Soft, chosen randomly at first. Then, once I had used all the colors, I repeated the same sequence twice more.

However, apparently there is "no end in sight", because now my dh would like one too! He is going to chose 7 of the colors I used, and then I will use those colors the same way I did with mine. The only difference I am going to make is to use a J hook instead of an H hook. Mine is a little denser and heavier than I would like. I am using the J for the log cabin 'ghan, and I am much happier with the weight of that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That ripple is absolutely gorgeous. Very Nice :)

Criquette said...

Wow! That's something to be very proud of.